Walk in to get your COVID-19 jabs – no appointment needed
Published 13th January 2022
If you’re aged 12 and over you can ‘walk in’ to get your first, second or booster COVID-19 jab from one of Sandwell’s pop-up clinics – no appointment needed.
The pop-up clinics are available at:
• West Bromwich Dartmouth Cricket Club on Saturday, 15 January (10am-3pm)
The Club House, Sandwell Park, Birmingham Road, West Bromwich, B71 4JQ
• Cradley Heath Community Link on Saturday, 22 January (10am-3pm)
72 High Street, Cradley Heath, B64 5HA
• West Bromwich Leisure Centre on Monday, 24 January (3pm-7pm)
Moor Street, West Bromwich, B70 7AZ
The vaccines are safe and effective. They give you the best protection against COVID-19.
Anyone who gets COVID-19 can become seriously ill or have long-term effects (‘Long Covid’). The COVID-19 vaccines are the best way to protect yourself and others.
Research has shown the vaccines help:
• Reduce your risk of getting seriously ill or dying from COVID-19
• Reduce your risk of catching or spreading COVID-19
• Protect against COVID-19 variants.
Dr Lisa McNally, Sandwell’s director of public health, said: “Recent statistics show that 1 in 15 people currently have COVID-19. This means that we’re likely to come into contact with someone who is infected over the next few weeks. When this happens, being vaccinated will greatly reduce your risk of serious illness and death.”
Councillor Suzanne Hartwell, Sandwell Council’s cabinet member for adults, social care and health, said: “The people of Sandwell have pulled together, followed the guidelines, and taken all measures to protect themselves and their loved ones from COVID-19 during the pandemic.
“So, it is vital that you get your COVID-19 vaccine – whether it’s your first, second or booster – to top-up your defences and protect yourself and those around you this winter.”
To protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
• Get vaccinated and get your booster dose
• Wear a face covering in most indoor public places and on public transport
• Work from home, if you can
• Let fresh air in if you meet indoors. Meeting outdoors is safer
• Get tested and self-isolate if required.
Find out more about the pop-up clinics, and for other places across Sandwell and the Black Country to get your jabs (the text takes you to a web link).