No change to bin collection days in Sandwell over Christmas and New Year
Published 20th December 2021
Sandwell residents are being reminded that there are no changes to bin collection days over Christmas and New Year.
Sandwell Council’s cabinet member for environment Councillor Ahmad Bostan said: “There are no changes to bin collection days over Christmas and New Year in Sandwell so please put your bins out as usual on the normal day.
“Don’t forget to make the most of your blue lid recycling bin - cut up cardboard boxes or fold them down, and squash plastic bottles and cans to help make more space.
“If for any reason, such as bad weather, the crews can’t get to your street on your normal bin collection day, please leave the bins out and they will be with you as soon as possible.
“I would also like to thank the crews and residents for their continued support and patience during yet another difficult year and throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.”
- All rubbish and recycling must be inside bins with the bin lid down.
- Please park considerately so bin lorries can get down your street and empty your bins
- Double bag tissues, wipes and masks if you have Covid-19 or suspect you have Covid-19 and put them in your household waste bin
- Put your recycling loose in your blue lid bin
- Increase space in your recycling bin by crushing, squashing and flattening your items
- Don’t put gloves, masks or tissues in your recycling bin.
- Garden waste collections are currently on their annual winter break and resume from late February 2022.
- Any garden waste, extra general waste and real Christmas trees can be recycled at the tip, which is open by appointment only from 8am-4pm every day (excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day).