More Sandwell libraries reopen for collection of books and booked computer sessions
Published 13th May 2021
More libraries in Sandwell are opening to offer an ‘order and collect’ service for books, as well as pre-booked computer slots.
The following libraries are opening in the next week.
• Rounds Green Library from Saturday 15 May
• Brandhall Library from Tuesday 18 May
• Hamstead Library from Wednesday 19 May
• Oakham Library from Friday 21 May
The full list of borough libraries opening:
• Brandhall Library: Tuesday, 10am – 4pm, 0121 569 4924.
• Central Library, West Bromwich: (use entrance on Town Hall Car Park): Monday to Saturday, 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 4900.
• Cradley Heath Library: Tuesday, Thursday, 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 4926.
• Blackheath Library: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday, 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 4920.
• Bleakhouse Library: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 4923.
• Glebefields Library: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 4928.
• Great Barr Library: Monday, Saturday, 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 4929.
• Great Bridge Library: Wednesday, Friday, 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 4930.
• Hamstead Library: Wednesday, Friday, 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 2548.
• Oakham Library: Friday, 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 4933.
• Rounds Green Library: Saturday, 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 4934.
• Smethwick Library: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 10am – 4pm; Sunday 12pm - 3pm. 0121 569 4940.
• Stone Cross Library: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 4942.
• Thimblemill Library: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 4943.
• Wednesbury Library: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday, 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 4945.
Items can also be returned to drop-boxes at during the times shown above.
Customers can reserve items by going to www.sandwell.gov.uk/librariesonline or by phoning one of the libraries. Library staff will contact customers when items are available to arrange a date and time for collection.
Library users have to order books and other items before being told their collection date, as libraries are not yet open for general browsing.
A number of computers are also available for use in each of the libraries, including printing, which need to be booked in advance by phone.
Everyone using Sandwell libraries is asked to wear a face covering, to keep two metres away from others and to use the hand sanitisers provided. Wipes will be provided for computer users.
Further announcements will be made when other Sandwell libraries are able to re-open.
Library users are also reminded they can use BorrowBox eBook and eAudiobook services at library.bolindadigital.com/Sandwell and also download eMagazines and comics at sandwelluk.overdrive.com
All items that were borrowed before the first lockdown have had their due date extended to 30 June 2021. Please do not renew items you have borrowed before this date.