More Sandwell libraries open for “order and collect” and computer sessions
Published 21st April 2021
More Sandwell libraries will reopen to customers this week for pre-ordered collection of books and computer sessions.
Blackheath and Bleakhouse Libraries will be open from today (Wednesday 21 April) and Stone Cross and Thimblemill Libraries from Thursday 22 April.
These libraries join Glebefields, Smethwick, Wednesbury and Central Libraries to offer an ‘order and collect’ service for books, as well as pre-booked computer slots.
Customers can reserve items by going to www.sandwell.gov.uk/librariesonline, or by phoning one of the libraries. Library staff will then contact customers when items are available to arrange a date and time for collection.
Library users must order books and other items before being told their collection date as libraries are not yet open for general browsing.
A number of computers are also available for use in each of the libraries, including printing, which need to be booked in advance by phone.
Everyone using Sandwell libraries is asked to wear a face covering, to keep two metres away from others and to use the hand sanitisers provided. Wipes will be provided for computer users.
Items can also be returned to drop-boxes at those libraries during opening times shown below.
- Central Library, West Bromwich: (use entrance on Town Hall Car Park): Monday to Saturday, 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 4900.
- Blackheath Library: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 4920.
- Bleakhouse Library: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 4923.
- Glebefields Library: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 4928.
- Smethwick Library: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 10am – 4pm; Sunday 12pm - 3pm. 0121 569 4940.
- Stone Cross Library: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 4942.
- Thimblemill Library: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 4943.
- Wednesbury Library: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday, 10am – 4pm. 0121 569 4945.
Further announcements will be made when other Sandwell libraries are able to re-open.
All items that were borrowed before the first lockdown have had their due date extended to 30 June 2021. Please do not renew items you have borrowed before this date.