Christmas lights switch-on events for all the family will light up across Sandwell in the countdown to Christmas.
Our free Christmas Lights events have become a beloved tradition in Sandwell. These events bring families and friends together, creating cherished memories while simultaneously benefiting the community as a whole.
By hosting such events, we introduce more customers to our local and small businesses. The larger scale of these events also generates more jobs, which is vital during the current economic climate. Most importantly, they create a buzz around Sandwell and all the wonders our area has to offer. This year, we have gone above and beyond to make our Christmas lights switch-ons even more spectacular than before. We invite you to join us and experience the magic.
Councillor Kerrie Carmichael, Leader of Sandwell Council, said:
“After a fantastic year of events across Sandwell, the Christmas lights is a great way to end the year. We know it’s a difficult time for many financially, so it’s important we can still offer a free, magical event for families to enjoy. The crowds have been growing year on year in each location with families enjoying the lights being switched on to mark the start of the countdown to Christmas”.
The full list of switch-on events is as follows:
- Oldbury: Friday, 17 November, 5pm-7 pm (Switch-on 6:45pm)
- NEW DATE: Crankhall Lane, Friar Park: Friday, 17 November, 4pm-7.30pm (Switch-on 5:15pm)
- Langley: Saturday, 18 November, 5pm-7:30pm (Switch-on 5:30pm)
- Smethwick: Thursday, 23 November, 6pm-7 pm (Switch-on 6:45pm)
- Bearwood: Friday, 24 November, 5pm-6 pm (Switch-on 5:45pm)
- Tipton: Friday, 24 November, 3pm-6.30 pm (Switch-on 6:15pm)
- Wednesbury: Saturday, 25 November, 1pm-6 pm (Switch-on 5:45pm)
- West Bromwich: Saturday, 25 November, 3pm-6 pm (Switch-on 5:15pm)
- Blackheath: Friday, 1 December, 5pm-7pm (Switch-on 6:45pm)
For more information and updates visit our Celebrate Sandwell website.