Local restrictions in Sandwell
Sandwell and the whole of England remains under national lockdown. The Government's roadmap out of lockdown has begun.
Some of the rules on what you can and cannot changed on 17 May. However, many restrictions remain in place.
What you can do
You may socialise indoors with friends and family you do not live with, either:
- in a group of up to 6 from any number of households (children of all ages count towards the limit of 6)
- in a group of any size from up to two households (each household can include an existing support bubble, if eligible).
It is recommended that you continue to meet outdoors wherever possible.
You are now allowed outdoor gatherings of up to 30 people.
More businesses and venues can reopen, such as indoor hospitality venues, cinemas, museums and children's indoor play areas. Read the full guidance on what you can now do.
Many restrictions remain in place. People should continue to work from home where they can and minimise the number of journeys they make where possible, avoiding travel at the busiest times and routes.
Travel aboard is allowed. There are no restrictions on travel abroad however you should not travel to one of the locations on the amber or red travel list. If you do travel to one of these destinations you must read the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office travel advice.
- Check the latest Covid-19 infection rates in Sandwell
- Book a rapid test to see if you have Covid-19 without symptoms
- Updated shielding advice for clinically extremely vulnerable people
- Find out about Covid-19 and measures in schools.
Information about repairs and other visits to your home during the pandemic