Birmingham, Sandwell & Westside Jazz Festival
Enjoy jazz music across Sandwell's six towns with the Birmingham, Sandwell & Westside Jazz Festival.
Sandwell is an official partner in this international festival for the third year running, with events from 19-28 July 2019, most of which are free.
International artists from America, France, Lithuania and Spain will be joining a host of homegrown talent.
We have events in each of Sandwell’s six towns, including at our libraries, museums, parks and Sandwell Arts Café. Library events include a licensed bar.
It's a fantastic opportunity for people from Sandwell and the rest of the Black Country to enjoy high-quality jazz music right on their doorstep.
Events in Sandwell are as follows (free entry unless stated):
Tuesday 9 July:
- 7pm: Central Library West Bromwich – Pre-festival Rock School Summer Concert with students from Sandwell schools
Friday 19 July:
- 12noon: Sandwell Arts Café – Bruce Adams & Dave Newton
- 7pm: Lightwoods Park – Bruce Adams/Dave Newton Quartet
- 7pm: West Bromwich Central Library – Ricky Cool & the In Crowd (£5.50 advance, £7.50 door)
- 7pm: Manor House, Stone Cross – Les Zautos Stompers De Paris (France)
Saturday 20 July:
- 2.30pm: Wednesbury Museum & Art Gallery – Florence Joelle (France)
- 7pm: Cradley Heath Library – Bobby Woods (USA)
- 7pm: Wednesbury Library – Anvil Chorus
Sunday 21 July:
- 2pm: Manor House, Stone Cross – Rip Roaring Success
- 7pm: Thimblemill Library – The Schwings (Lithuania)
Monday 22 July:
- 7pm: Great Bridge Library – Roy Forbes
Tuesday 23 July:
- 7pm: Bleakhouse Library – The Dirty Ragtimers (France)
Wednesday 24 July:
- 7pm: Wednesbury Library – Deborah Rose & Martin Riley
Thursday 25 July:
- 7pm: Great Barr Library – Bob Wilson & Honeyboy Hickling
Friday 26 July:
- 12noon: Sandwell Arts Café – Val Wiseman & the Wise Guys (with Q&A with Val Wiseman from 11.30am)
- 12noon: Glebefields Library, Tipton – Jules Cockshott from Ukulele Rocks (a ukulele workshop for beginners of all ages)
- 7pm: Blackheath Library – Potato Head Jazz Band (Spain) (£5.50 advance, £7.50 door)
Saturday 27 July:
- 11am: New Square Shopping Centre – Potato Head Jazz Band (Spain)
- 12.45pm: New Square Shopping Centre – Ricky Cool & the In Crowd
- 2.30pm: New Square Shopping Centre – Tenement Jazz Band (Scotland)
- 7pm: West Bromwich Central Library – King Pleasure & the Biscuit Boys (£12.50 advance/£15 door) plus question and answer session with King Pleasure at 6.30pm (doors open 6.15pm)
- 8pm: Great Barr Conservative Club – Tiptinia (£6.50 advance/£7.50 door)
Sunday 28 July:
- 2pm: Haden Hill House & Park, Cradley Heath – Tenement Jazz Band (Scotland)
- 2.30pm: Oak House, West Bromwich – David Moore Blues Band
There will be more jazz and blues events happening in August, September and October in Sandwell libraries.
Families can enjoy music-themed workshops and craft activities in the run up to the Birmingham, Sandwell & Westside Jazz Festival.
Sandwell Adult and Family Learning (SAFL) is running the free events.
Both events will run from 11am – 2pm and are free. Adults need to bring ID to register on the day of the event.