Gambling and lottery licences
Gambling and Lottery Policy
Gambling Act 2005 - Statement of principles - Gambling Policy 2020
A policy is required to address the three licensing objectives of the new Act, which are:
- Preventing gambling from being a source of crime or disorder, being associated with crime or disorder or being used to support crime
- Ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way
- Protecting children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by gambling
The council's policy must be reviewed and re-published every three years. The Policy was last published May 2020 and reviewed in March 2021. Please click on the link below to view the policy:
If you are looking to apply for a licence, please read the Guidance for License Applicants.
If you would like a printed copy, please email Licensing_Team@sandwell.gov.uk
Pages in "Gambling and lottery licences"
- You are here Gambling and Lottery Policy
- Gaming machines
- Plans to accompany betting and gaming premises applications
- Track betting
- Gambling Application Fees