Local restrictions in Sandwell
England and Sandwell has moved to Step 4. Cases continue to rise in Sandwell and nationally. You should still act carefully and remain cautious while managing the risks.
Although most legal restrictions are now lifted, and many people have been vaccinated, it is still possible to catch and spread Covid-19, even if you are fully vaccinated, and we are still in the third wave of the pandemic.
We can all help reduce risks and protect our community by following these eight actions. Please do all you can to keep yourself, your loved ones and others safe.
- Get your jabs as soon as you can – make sure you get both doses. The vaccine is your best defence against the virus.
- You will need both vaccine doses to travel to many countries.
- You must self-isolate and get a test if you have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Use rapid (lateral flow) tests twice a week. You can pick these up free from a number of pharmacies.
- Always book a confirmatory PCR test if you test positive using a rapid test.
- Continue wearing a face covering in shops, on public transport and in communal areas of flats.
- Keep washing your hands regularly.
- Remember, outside is safest for meet-ups.
- Check the latest Covid-19 infection rates in Sandwell
- Get a rapid test to see if you have Covid-19 without symptoms
- Updated shielding advice for clinically extremely vulnerable people
- Find out about Covid-19 and measures in schools.
Information about repairs and other visits to your home during the pandemic