My Sandwell Login/Register

Coronavirus - frequently asked questions about council services | Sandwell Council

Councillor surgeries this week have been suspended

In light of the recent tragic events in Essex and as a mark of respect, councillor surgeries this week (18-24 October) have been suspended. More details and how to contact your councillor →

Coronavirus - frequently asked questions about council services

If you need medical advice go to NHS 111

Find out more about the restrictions in place in Sandwell and what you can and can't do 

Should I still pay my rent or Council Tax?

You must pay your rent and Council Tax if you are financially able to. If you are unable to pay, please seek advice. Don't just not pay - make sure you get advice about this.

You may be entitled to Council Tax Reduction, Discretionary Housing Payment or Local Welfare Provision.

If you can't pay your bills - get financial help.

There's also advice on claiming Universal Credit if your financial circumstances have changed.

How do I pay my rent or Council Tax if council buildings are closed?

You can pay your rent and Council Tax by Direct Debit, online or by phone.

Ways to pay your rent

Ways to pay your Council Tax

You can make payments through our automated telephone service on 0300 456 0514.

If you have questions about your rent please email your local rents office - details are on this page.

I am concerned about debt to the council - what should I do?

If you are concerned about a debt to Sandwell Council and you need advice, call 0121 569 5333.

Is the tip open?

The tip at Shidas Lane is open every day 8am-4pm. You must book a slot - read about changes to the tip's operation before you go.

Can I still get in touch with the council online?

Please use our online services to report a problem or request a service and create a MySandwell account to manage your requests. Please bear in mind it may take longer than usual to deal with your request. Please use our online forms if you can as this frees up our staff to help people who don't have access to the internet, who are among the most vulnerable.

I have no family, friends or neighbours who can help me - what should I do?

We have created a list of helpful community groups who are offering assistance to people in isolation.

We've issued advice for people who have no family, friends or neighbours and who are in urgent need of support.

How can I stay healthy while I'm staying at home?

Check out advice from Healthy Sandwell on staying well.

How do I renew my parking permit? 

Find out more about car parks and permits.

What help are you giving to businesses?

Businesses can apply for business rate relief and other grants - find out more and apply for business grants. We're also providing advice for businesses on our Think Sandwell website.

Should I stay at home?

You must stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms or if you live with someone who has symptoms. Check the latest NHS advice

  • if you have symptoms, stay at home for 10 days
  • if you live with other people, they should stay at home for 10 days

Read the NHS advice about staying at home.

I have coronavirus symptoms - what should I do?

You must stay at home and only go out to get tested if you have symptoms. You can be fined if you fail to do this.

Get a test for coronavirus

Check the most up-to-date Government advice on coronavirus.


Change cookie consent