Moving to Universal Credit - Help and advice
Digital Support for Benefit Claimants
Working-age people on benefits will need to be able to get on-line to apply for Universal Credit, search for jobs and keep on top of their claim and job applications.
Up to 2 hours of one to one support is available to working age people who
- live in Sandwell
- are claiming benefits
- need help getting online
Support is free.
This service is aimed at claimants who are capable of using the UC website after some initial support. More vulnerable clients, for example those unable to read and write, with learning difficulties or unable to read English will need to speak with a work coach at a Job centre in order to access additional support to make their claim.
Outcomes from the support
After the support clients will be expected to:
Set up a valid email address if they haven’t already got one
Access and use their email account
Navigate the internet, for example to find out about benefits, search for jobs
BetterOff Sandwell is an ideal way of gaining confidence in using the internet.
To make an appointment
phone 0121 726 3408
or just call in to your local Citizens Advice Sandwell office
Residents may also need other support
- Managing Your Money is available from the welfare rights team – to make a referral contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the advice line 0121 569 3158
- Help with completing a Universal Credit application form is available from one of the local advice providers: Sandwell Advice Providers Network
Pages in "Moving to Universal Credit - Help and advice"
- Moving to Universal Credit
- Managing Your Money support
- UC Start
- Managing Your Money
- You are here Digital Support for Benefit Claimants