My Sandwell Login/Register

Managing Your Money | Moving to Universal Credit - Help and advice | Sandwell Council

Problems with our phonelines

We're having some problems with our phonelines. Apologies for the inconvenience. We're working to get this fixed as soon as we can. You can report problems and request services here on our website →

Moving to Universal Credit - Help and advice

Managing Your Money

Worried about moving to monthly payments under Universal Credit?

If you are of working age and on means tested benefits we can provide free 1:1 support.

You will be offered support with the following:

  • Basic household budget (priority payments)
  • Set up a transactional bank account
  • How to set up and manage direct debits
  • Help with getting identification
  • Manage a bank account
  • Benefit maximisation
  • Water Assure Tariff
  • Local Welfare Provision (LWP)
  • Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP)
  • Debt advice
  • Signposting to other services such as employment support, help getting on-line etc

Contact the Welfare Rights Advice Line 0121 569 3158 (between 9.30 and 12.30 each day) or email Welfare Rights.

Pages in "Moving to Universal Credit - Help and advice"

  1. Moving to Universal Credit
  2. Managing Your Money support
  3. UC Start
  4. You are here Managing Your Money
  5. Digital Support for Benefit Claimants