How to access your Government Gateway Account and retrieve your 30 hours eligibility code
Find out here how to access your Governement Gateway (Childcare Service) account and retrieve your 30 hours eligibility code if you have already applied for 30 hours free childcare and/ or Tax-Free Childcare through the childcare service.
- To sign into your account, visit the Childcare Service. Sign in to your account here
- Once you have selected to sign in, you will then need to answer questions about your youngest child’s age before being asked to sign in using your Government Gateway ID, which you would have received when you applied.
- Once you have signed in using the Government Gateway, you will then see the childcare account screen:
- You can then click on “30 hours free childcare” to see your 30 hours eligibility code. These normally start with “500”.
- You will also find this code in your “secure messages”.
- There may be a small number of parents who have a temporary code, starting “11…” You will have been given this over the phone, and will receive a letter containing this from HMRC too.
If you are still struggling to access your account, please contact the HMRC helpline on 0300 123 4097.