Public rights of way (PROW) in Sandwell
Rights of Way Improvement Plan (RoWIP)
The Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000 places a duty on the Council as Highway Authority to prepare and adopt a ROWIP by November 2007.
The Public Rights of Way Team have been working for the past three years towards producing and implementing a Rights of Way Improvement Plan. The Plan includes detailed policies and proposals for physical and legal improvements to Public Rights of Way over the next ten years.
While making the Plan there has been a statutory Pre Plan consultation and a three-month statutory consultation on the Draft Rights of Way Improvement Plan, there were over 50 responses. Following careful consideration of these it was decided that a further period of consultation was needed and started in July 2007 and finished in September 2007.
The final document was approved by Cabinet Advisary Teams for Neighbourhoods & Housing and Regeneration & Transport in November 2007.
The document is now available to download below:
Alternatively a compact disc can be requested from the Council's Public Rights of Way Team. A limited number of hard copies are available for people without access to a computer. The document can also be inspected at Sandwell Council House, Freeth Street, Oldbury, B69 3DB.
Pages in "Public rights of way (PROW) in Sandwell"
- Public rights of way (PROW) - general information
- Crime on public rights of way and other accesses
- Definitive map modification order applications
- Local Access Forum (LAF) and Access Land
- You are here Rights of Way Improvement Plan (RoWIP)
- Types of public rights of way
- Related information on application 001/RRegis/2009 following its determination