New traffic signals in Smethwick
New traffic signals in North Smethwick
As part of a scheme to regenerate the local area and to improve access to the business areas in the North Smethwick area, it is proposed to introduce 3 new traffic light controlled junctions in the following locations:-
- Lewisham Road and Bridge Street North,
- Rolfe Street and Bridge Street North and
- Soho Way and Soho Street Smethwick;
It is proposed that the schemes will consist of traffic signals; to include pedestrian crossings, kerb realignments, resurfacing to footway and carriageway and new street lighting. The new signals will improve access to the North Smethwick Business Area and also provide safe crossing facilities for pedestrians
Plans of the proposed works are available for download in PDF format.
The businesses in the vicinity of the proposed works have already been consulted and all are in favour of the proposed projects.
The proposed dates to commence on site are as follows:-
- Lewisham Road and Bridge Street North – mid-September 2015
- Rolfe Street and Bridge Street North – Early October 2015
- Soho Way and Soho Street – Early October 2015