My Sandwell Login/Register

Have your say on planning applications | Sandwell Council

You'll need photo ID to vote at a polling station at the local elections in May

You may already have a form of photo ID that is acceptable. Find out more about Voter ID and how to get free photo ID if you need it →

Have your say on planning applications

Most planning applications are subject to publicity and consultation and anyone is able to make representations should they wish to do so.

Consultations are normally limited to a 21 day period so you should always ensure your comments are received prior to the publicity expiry date.

If you want to object, support or comment on a planning application it must be made in writing using one of the following methods:

Comment using the online planning system

You can comment online using our Planning Public Access system. Just find the relevant application and add your comment by selecting the "submit comment" option at the top of the screen.

Comment by email

You can comment on applications by emailing Please remember to include the application reference number as well as your name, address and postcode.  This information is a legal requirement as part of the application process and will enable us to keep you informed about the progress of the application.

Planning committee

Some planning applications will be reported to planning committee, in most cases this is when three or more objections have been received. If you are the applicant or you have submitted an objection, you will be contact by either letter or email to invite you to the meeting.




Pages in "Have your say on planning applications"

  1. You are here Have your say on planning applications
  2. Guide to commenting on planning applications