Museums for schools - Key Stage 1 (KS1) activities
How we used to play - Toys from the past at Wednesbury Museum
Bring your class to Wednesbury Museum to compare and contrast toys from long ago. The children will look at a range of toys and think about:
- What they are made of and natural materials
- How they move and the lack of batteries and electricity.
- Toys that taught children how to be adults.
- Using your immagination when you couldn't afford toys
- Making toys from old household items - children get to make a paper hat.
The session runs from 10am -12pm but if you wish to stay in the afternoon to look around the gallery, particularly our toys gallery and to play with some more traditional toys and games you are welcome, just let staff know when you book.