Mobile and Home Library Service
What services do we offer?
Outreach Library Service is part of Sandwell Library and Information Service. We provide the Home Library Service and the Mobile Library Service throughout Sandwell. We also run a reading group for people who are eligible for the Home Library Service.
The Home Library Service is a free service for Sandwell residents who can't get out to the library because:
- Disability, illness or frailty
- Requires short term library provision due to illness or injury
- Difficulty carrying resources
- Is a full time carer
We visit people in their own homes, residential or nursing homes, sheltered accommodation, etc. A monthly supply of books is delivered by one of our dedicated, trained, experienced and friendly staff.
We provide reading resources in various formats:
- Books in both regular and large print
- Talking books
- Books for Health, Happiness and Wellbeing
- Pictures to Share books
- Reminiscence collections
- Community language books
- Free requests
- Provide information and signpost people to partner organisations for impartial advice and guidance
We also deliver bulk loans to community rooms/lounges in residential homes, sheltered accommodation and day centres by arrangement with the manager.
The low floor Mobile Library provides public stops in areas without a community library nearby and visits day centres, sheltered accommodation, community centres, schools, nurseries, childrens centres by prior arrangement.
To find out more please contact Outreach Library Service:
- Phone: 0121 569 2600
- Web: Fill in an online application form
- Email: email@example.com
Outreach Library Service
Connect with your library online
Please visit our Sandwell Libraries Facebook page.