This library is currently closed.
We are working hard to re-open services as soon as possible.
Tel: 0121 569 4923
- Local bus, train and tram information: Network West Midlands
- Show me the Library on Google maps
- Parking is available outside the library on the public highway.
- Full disabled access to the library and library reading garden which can be accessed via the library or side gate on Bleakhouse Road.
- A hearing loop is available at the library counter.
We have three community rooms which are available for hire by non-profit-making organisations and groups.
Within the library itself, there is a large and varied range of stock. Its Learning Centre offers free public access to the internet via a large number of computers. We also run computer classes and genealogy courses.
The Old Warley Local History Society (OWLS) meets at the library on a monthly basis. The group also invites guest speakers 3 to 4 times per year, to which all members of the public are invited.
Big Lottery funding
Sandwell Council was awarded £1.4m by The Big Lottery Fund as part of its Community Library Programme to transform Smethwick and Bleakhouse libraries.
The Community Libraries Programme is capitalizing on the strong community link that libraries already have. This funding has created new spaces turning libraries into community hubs that offer a range of activities to appeal to a wide section of society.
The Big Lottery Fund distributes half of the National Lottery good cause funding across the UK. The Fund is committed to bringing real improvements to communities and the lives of people most in need.
What will you find at Bleakhouse Library?
- Thousands of books for all ages and tastes
- Latest best sellers and much more
- Extensive collection of graphic novels
- Local and family history books
- Books in different languages
- Study room
- Books on CD, audio tape and in large print
- Latest blockbusters and classic films on DVD
- Free requests for items in stock in Sandwell
- Please look out for our monthly "What's on!"
- Free computer use - PCs shutdown 15 minutes before closing
- Free WiFi for library members
- Free internet and email
- Accessibility computers with adaptive software
- Online information resources
- Extensive Information Service and Reference Library
- The library have two dedicated quiet zones. We also have rooms for quiet study, these can be booked by speaking to a member of staff to check availability.
- Author visits
- Holiday fun for children
- Reading garden with seating areas and wildlife area
- Services run by partners - e.g. Warley Health Visitors, Surestart
- Not a library member? Anyone can join Sandwell Libraries - find out How to Join
Connect with your library online
Please visit our Sandwell libraries Facebook page.