Birmingham, Solihull & Sandwell Jazz Festival
Enjoy jazz music across Sandwell's six towns with the Birmingham, Solihull & Sandwell Jazz Festival.
Sandwell is an official partner in this international festival for the second year running, with more than 30 events from 20-29 July 2018, most of which are free.
International artists from America, Canada, France, Hungary and Spain will be joining a host of homegrown talent.
We have events in each of Sandwell’s six towns, including at our libraries, museums, parks and Sandwell Arts Café.
It's a fantastic opportunity for people from Sandwell and the rest of the Black Country to enjoy high-quality jazz music right on their doorstep.
Events in Sandwell are as follows (free entry unless stated):
Friday 20 July:
- 12noon – Sandwell Arts Café, West Bromwich – Arkansas Dave (USA)
- 7pm – Great Barr Library – Chickenbone John
- 7pm – Lightwoods Park – Budapest Ragtime Orchestra (Hungary)
- 8pm – Thimblemill Library, Smethwick – Hymn For Her (USA), £9 (£6 concessions)
Saturday 21 July:
- 2pm – Wednesbury Museum & Art Gallery – New Orleans Jump Band (Spain)
- 7pm – Wednesbury Library – Roy Forbes
- 7pm – West Bromwich Central Library – Lady Sings The Blues: The Homecoming, £8 (£5 concessions)
- 8pm – The Windsor Theatre Bar, Bearwood – Ricky Cool & The In Crowd
Sunday 22 July:
- 2pm – Oak House Museum, West Bromwich – Art Themen Quartet
Monday 23 July:
- 7pm – Great Bridge Library – The Whiskey Brothers
Tuesday 24 July:
- 7pm – Cradley Heath Library – Justin Randall
- 8pm – The Windsor Theatre Bar, Bearwood – Roy Forbes Trio
- 8.30pm – The Perry Hill Tavern, Oldbury – Old Comrades Jazz Band
Wednesday 25 July:
- 7.30pm – Thimblemill Library, Smethwick – Chris Bowden Trio
- 8pm – The Windsor Theatre Bar, Bearwood – The Whiskey Brothers
Thursday 26 July:
- 12.30pm - Queens Square Shopping Centre, West Bromwich – The Shuffle Demons (Canada)
- 7pm – Bleakhouse Library, Oldbury – Blue Silk
- 8pm – The Windsor Theatre Bar, Bearwood – Digby Fairweather with Chase Jazzmen
Friday 27 July:
- 12noon – Sandwell Arts Café, West Bromwich – Les Zauto Stompers de Paris (France)
- 7pm – West Bromwich Central Library – Ricky Cool & The In Crowd
Saturday 28 July:
- 2.30pm – Manor House Museum, West Bromwich – Bruce Adams Quartet
- 7pm – Blackheath Library – Grey Goose Blues Band
- 8.30pm – Great Barr Conservative Club – Chase Jazzmen, £1
Sunday 29 July:
- 2pm – Haden Hill House and Park, Cradley Heath – The Rip Roaring Success
Central Library in West Bromwich will also be a series of jazz and blues-themed film showings at 3pm on weekdays during the festival and at 1pm on the two Saturdays (21 and 28 July).