My Sandwell Login/Register

Housing associations | Sandwell Council

£150 Council Tax Energy Rebate - what you need to do next

The Council Tax Energy Rebate is a £150 payment to help with the cost of energy bills. The funding is provided by the Government and paid out by the Council. Find out what you need to do next. →

Housing associations

Housing associations (also known as 'registered social landlords' or 'registered partners') provide affordable housing for rent and other initiatives to help people own their home.

If you are applying for housing association properties through our choice based lettings (CBL) scheme you need to join our housing register - you won't need to complete a separate housing association application form.


Most housing associations have policies detailing how new homes will be allocated or let.

Housing associations who participate in our CBL scheme advertise their properties available for rent through our web site and neighbourhood services centres.

You can also contact housing associations directly as not all of their properties are allocated through the registration/Choice Based Lettings Scheme.

Some associations also advertise properties to let on the Homes Direct website.

In Sandwell there are over 20 Housing Associations managing over 5000 houses. Some offer specialist accommodation to people with particular support needs. 

List of housing associations