My Sandwell Login/Register

Ending my tenancy | Sandwell Council

Updates from the council on Covid-19

Check the latest advice on Covid-19 →

Ending my tenancy

If you have found alternative accommodation or have moved to a residential or care home and want to end your Sandwell Council tenancy, you need to let us know. 

Please complete this form.

Please also remember to do the following:

  • Inform Revenues and Benefits of your confirmed leaving date, so that any Council Tax and Housing Benefits/universal credits accounts can be updated
  • Contact Royal Mail and arrange for your post to be re-directed
  • Provide your gas and electricity suppliers with meter readings taken on the day you moved out of the property
  • Advise the relevant water company of your end date and meter readings if applicable
  • Arrange to disconnect services such as telephone, broadband and tv with your provider

Change cookie consent