Advice for low rise and high rise flats
Estate Services provides a range of caretaking and cleaning services to the communal areas of our high rise homes.
- Fire safety/block inspections (once per week on low rise)
- Check for bulky items (remove when required)
- External litter picking
- Minor communal repairs
- Bin rotations
- Internal chute hopper cleansing
- Estate inspections to high rise
- External cleansing to gutters, parking areas, drying areas, etc.
- Weed control (weather permitting) - normally 2 to 3 sessions per season
- Entrances/exits and lifts (once per week on low rise)
- Sweeping to all communal landings/stairwells and chute rooms
- Mopping to all landings/stairwells and chute rooms
- Internal communal windows, high level cleansing (cobwebs/dust etc)
Your co-operation is appreciated, and please do not leave waste or bulky items in the communal areas at any time.
As an extension to the Caretaking and Cleaning Services provided to flatted estates, there is now an Out of Hours Caretaking Team which will provide ‘emergency’ cleaning and caretaking services from 6pm to 6am (Monday to Friday), 2pm to 6am (Saturday & Sunday).
The Out of Hours Caretaking Team will deal with items directly related to areas within and around high and low rise blocks that may be a threat to public health and safety including:
- Emergency cleaning e.g. bodily fluids, dog faeces, etc
- Bulky items such as furniture, carpet, electrical items etc, that are considered to be combustible
- Communal glazing – e.g. broken partition glass
- In the event of an emergency or to address issues of an immediate nature.
Contacting the council
You can email your Local Housing Team for non-urgent matters: