My Sandwell Login/Register

How do I get a HMO Licence? | Housing in Multiple Occupation (HMO) | Sandwell Council

Housing in Multiple Occupation (HMO)

How do I get a HMO Licence?

To apply for a HMO, please click here. 

You will be able to pay for your application at the end of inputting all the data. If for some reason you are having trouble with this method of payment, you will be able to pay by cheque.

Here is where you send the cheque:

Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council

Sandwell Council House

Freeth Street

PO Box 2374


B69 3DE

On the back of the cheque please write the HMO property address, the name of the applicant and the cost code: 46030 K03001 0000

Alternatively, you can contact the contact centre and make the payment: 0121 569 2200.

If you do wish to make the payment yourself then you can but please make sure that you are not using Safari as the internet browser as this is mostly where the problems are coming from. However, using another internet browser may still not work, that is why we are advising the use of cheques as this is the most effective approach. 

Applying for a HMO is absolutely fine and you can apply as normal, the only issue we are having is with the payment.

If you have any questions please email us at