Housing in Multiple Occupation (HMO)
Apply for a HMO Licence
If you wish to apply for a HMO Licence then please click here.
Before you apply, please make sure that you have the following ready to add to your application:
- Fire Alarm Certificate
- Electrical Installation Certificate
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Emergency Lighting Certificate
- Gas Certificate
- Photo ID
- Proof of address
- PAT Testing (If applicable)
If you have these documents ready, the application process will be easier to complete. To fill out the whole application, it will only take around 30-40 minutes.
Remember, you only have to apply for a Licence if you have 5 or more people in 2 or more households in your property. If you are still unsure if you need a Licence or not, please click here. Or, if you would more information on what a HMO is and the difference between a licensable and non licensable HMO then please click here.
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pages in "Housing in Multiple Occupation (HMO)"
- What is a HMO?
- HMO Licence Fee's
- You are here Apply for a HMO Licence
- Does my HMO need a Licence?
- How do I get a HMO Licence?
- How long will it take?
- What happens if I am not a Fit and Proper Person?
- What about Non-Licensable HMO's?
- Temporary Exemption Notices (TEN)
- Can I apply to have my Licence varied?
- What are the Conditions attached to the Licence?
- What happens if I don't Licence my HMO?
- What Standards do I need to Maintain in a HMO?
- Licensable HMO Room Sizes
- The Management Regulations
- What are Amenity Standards?
- What are the Duties of Tenants?
- Tenant Fees Act
- Fire safety in HMO’s
- Waste collection in HMO's