My Sandwell Login/Register

Apply for a HMO Licence | Housing in Multiple Occupation (HMO) | Sandwell Council

Housing in Multiple Occupation (HMO)

Apply for a HMO Licence

If you wish to apply for a HMO Licence then please click here.

Before you apply, please make sure that you have the following ready to add to your application:

  • Fire Alarm Certificate
  • Electrical Installation Certificate
  • Fire Risk Assessment 
  • Emergency Lighting Certificate
  • Gas Certificate
  • EPC
  • Plans
  • Photo ID
  • Proof of address
  • PAT Testing (If applicable) 

If you have these documents ready, the application process will be easier to complete. To fill out the whole application, it will only take around 30-40 minutes. 

Remember, you only have to apply for a Licence if you have 5 or more people in 2 or more households in your property. If you are still unsure if you need a Licence or not, please click here. Or, if you would more information on what a HMO is and the difference between a licensable and non licensable HMO then please click here.


If you have any questions please email us at