My Sandwell Login/Register

Request an immigration property inspection | Sandwell Council

MySandwell, our phone lines and payments will be unavailable on Saturday 11 February and Sunday 12 February.

Normal service will resume at 8am on Monday 13 February. Essential maintenance means we will be unable to process MySandwell requests or payments online or by phone during this time.

Request an immigration property inspection

The council can carry out house surveys in support of applications to the Immigration Service for entry clearance into the UK, where an independent assessment of the property is required as part of the application.

As of April 2022 there will be a £100.35 fee (excluding VAT) which covers the costs of doing the survey and producing a letter. This payment must be made before the survey is carried out.

A council officer will visit the property and carry out an inspection under the provisions of the Housing Health and Safety Hazard Rating System (HHSRS) and the overcrowding provisions of the Housing Act 2004.

Applicants (sponsors) will need to provide the following information:

  • Their own name and contact details
  • Information about the person(s) entering the UK including name, age and relationship to the sponsor and,
  • The full address of the property they intend to live in. If this is a rented property, the landlord’s name, address and contact number must be provided, along with a copy of the current gas safety certificate, if relevant.

You can find out more about immigration visits is available by downloading our immigration property inspection factsheet.

Request an inspection