Motorbike nuisance

Off road bike

Police and council teams in Sandwell are targeting nuisance being caused by off-road motorbikes.

You can report motorbike nuisance to independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or call the police on 101.

Report motorbike nuisance to the council

You can also report other anti-social behaviour to the council.

People riding motorbikes illegally face arrest and having their bikes seized.

Although motorbikes can be ridden on private land, the rider must have the land owner's permission.

Riding motorbikes in public open spaces, or without a private land owner’s permission, can result in prosecution.

What the police and council are doing

  • Riders are being warned of the dangers they are putting themselves and others in.
  • Footage from council-monitored CCTV cameras is helping police track down people involved in anti-social behaviour, so motorbikes can be seized and perpetrators taken to court.

Car cruising injunction

Car cruising injunction order logoPolice and council teams can also use the Black Country's ground-breaking car cruising injunction order to help tackle the problem.

It is already illegal to ride a motorbike in public open spaces such as parks and play areas and on pavements. In addition, these activities may also fall foul of the car cruising injunction order.

The High Court order applies where there are two or more vehicles – including motorbikes – which are involved in things like speeding, racing and performing stunts, causing problems such as risk of injury and damage, noise and nuisance to others. Promoting, publicising and organising rallies on public land involving vehicles – including motorbikes – is also banned under the order.

Anyone suspected of breaching the injunction will be at risk of being in contempt of court, for which an adult can face up to two years in prison, a fine or seizure of assets (which can include the vehicle).

Report motorbike nuisance to the council