Cabinet and council structure
The Leader of the Council is Councillor Kerrie Carmichael.
The Leader appoints members of the Council to their Cabinet. Each cabinet member is responsible for specific issues and services - this is known as their portfolio.
The current cabinet members are:
- Leader and Cabinet Portfolio Holder for Regeneration and Growth and for Neighbourhoods and Communities - Councillor Kerrie Carmichael
- Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance and Resources – Councillor Maria Crompton
- Cabinet Member for Children and Education – Councillor Karen Simms
- Cabinet Member for Adults, Social Care and Health – Councillor Suzanne Hartwell
- Cabinet Member for Community Safety and for Environment – Councillor Bob Piper
- Cabinet Member for Culture and Tourism – Councillor Danny Millard
- Cabinet Member for Housing – Councillor Zahoor Ahmed
The council's constitution sets out the procedures, regulations and protocols in relation to decision making. You can find this document on the council's modern.gov website.