Cabinet and council structure
The Leader of the Council is Councillor Rajbir Singh.
The Leader appoints members of the Council to their Cabinet. Each cabinet member is responsible for specific issues and services - this is known as their portfolio.
The current cabinet members are:
- Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance and Resources – Councillor Maria Crompton
- Cabinet Member for Children and Education – Councillor Karen Simms
- Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Economy – Councillor Iqbal Padda
- Cabinet Member for Neighbourhoods and Communities – Councillor Kerrie Carmichael
- Cabinet Member for Adults, Social Care and Health – Councillor Suzanne Hartwell
- Cabinet Member for Community Safety – Councillor Bob Piper
- Cabinet Member for Environment – Councillor Ahmad Bostan
- Cabinet Member for Culture and Tourism – Councillor Danny Millard
The council's constitution sets out the procedures, regulations and protocols in relation to decision making. You can find this document on the council's modern.gov website.