Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) support
Working in partnership with the voluntary and community sector
Sandwell has a rich and diverse voluntary and community sector in Sandwell and the council has a long history of working closely with them both as advocates for local people and as providers of services. The voluntary and community sector provides:
- local community based services
- opportunities for people to participate - as volunteers as well as service users
Role of the council
In order to help voluntary and community organisations to thrive, the council provides a wide range of support including: funding, discretionary rate relief, access to meeting space, information, training.
As a commissioner of services the council has an important role in helping to shape the services provided by voluntary and community organisations.
Pages in "Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) support"
- You are here Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) support
- Sandwell Compact
- Definition of the Third Sector
- Free e-learning for voluntary and community organisations
- Database of voluntary and community organisations in Sandwell
- Strategic Commissioning Framework
- Data about Sandwell - Sandwell Trends
- Rate relief
- Role of council officers
- Role of councillors
- Voluntary Sector Support Budget
- Voluntary Sector Infrastructure
- Leases for Voluntary and Community Organisations