My Sandwell Login/Register

Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) support | Sandwell Council

£150 Council Tax Energy Rebate - what you need to do next

The Council Tax Energy Rebate is a £150 payment to help with the cost of energy bills. The funding is provided by the Government and paid out by the Council. Find out what you need to do next. →

Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) support

Working in partnership with the voluntary and community sector

Sandwell has a rich and diverse voluntary and community sector in Sandwell and the council has a long history of working closely with them both as advocates for local people and as providers of services. The voluntary and community sector provides:

  • local community based services
  • choice
  • independence
  • opportunities for people to participate - as volunteers as well as service users
  • specialist services

Role of the council

In order to help voluntary and community organisations to thrive, the council provides a wide range of support including: funding, discretionary rate relief, access to meeting space, information, training.

As a commissioner of services the council has an important role in helping to shape the services provided by voluntary and community organisations.