My Sandwell Login/Register

Street collections | Street trading licences | Sandwell Council

Street trading licences

Street collections

Police, Factories etc. (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1916

A permit is required by anyone who wishes to collect money or sell articles for charitable purposes in the street or in any public place. If, for example, a magazine is being sold and there is a representation that part of the proceeds are to be applied for charitable purposes, a street collection permit will be required. No license fee is payable but within one month of the collection taking place a properly audited account of the collection has to be submitted to the Licensing Office. Permits are usually granted for specific dates and specific locations.

If you require further information, please contact 

Sandwell Licensing Team, Sandwell Council House, PO Box 2372, Oldbury, B69 3BS.



Pages in "Street trading licences"

  1. Street trading licences
  2. Car boot sales
  3. Food business and mobile food traders
  4. House to house collections
  5. You are here Street collections