My Sandwell Login/Register

Converting a civil partnership to a marriage | Sandwell Council

Supporting Sandwell with the cost of living

Supporting you to make the most of your money and find help if you need it. Find out more about how we're Supporting Sandwell. →

Converting a civil partnership to a marriage

If you formed your Civil Partnership within England and Wales you can now have it converted to a marriage here at Sandwell Register Office. You don’t have to live in Sandwell to make use this service.

You can either have an "All in One" appointment, where you produce documents to us, we complete the paperwork for you to sign and the conversion takes place all at the same time. There is no ceremony with this option.

Or you can do this as a two stage process.

Stage one – you produce your documents to us and we complete the paperwork.

Stage two – you sign the paperwork as part of a ceremony, either at Sandwell Register Office or one of our approved venues.


  • "All In One" appointment (including one marriage certificate) - £56
  • Stage one appointment - £27
  • Stage two appointment – details of our ceremony fees.

Documents you will need to provide

  • Your Civil Partnership certificate
  • Proof of name – valid passport or birth certificate
  • Proof of address – Utility bill dated within three months, a bank statement dated within one month or council tax bill dated within one year.

Contact us to arrange this.