Approved wedding venues in Sandwell
Some couples choose to get married or hold their civil partnership ceremony at a hotel, football club or other building.
We have asked that all approved premises provide a copy of their COVID secure Risk Assessment and details of the maximum number which can be accommodated in each of their licensed rooms. This is likely include implementing mitigating measures such as providing hand sanitiser or extra washing facilities and introducing a one-way arrival and departure system. Your venue will be able to discuss what has been put in place for your safety and that of your guests.
Here is a list of venues in Sandwell licensed to host civil weddings and civil partnership ceremonies:
- Great Barr Hotel
- Haden Hill House, Cradley Heath
- Holiday Inn, Great Barr
- Lightwoods House, Lightwoods Park, Adkins Lane, Smethwick
- Lightwoods Park Bandstand, Lightwoods Park, Adkins Lane, Smethwick
- Prestige Suite, 8 Downing Street, Smethwick
- The Highfields Room, Highfields, High Street, West Bromwich
- The Oak House, Oak Road, West Bromwich
- The Sandwell Suite, Highfields,High Street, West Bromwich
- West Bromwich Albion Football Club
You can also renew your vows and hold a naming ceremony at these venues.
You can view applications from premises wishing to become approved venues.
If you have your wedding or civil partnership ceremony at one of these buildings, you will need a registrar present to perform the ceremony.
The cost of booking a registrar to perform the ceremony varies depending on the day of the week:
- Monday to Thursday - £335
- Fridays and Saturdays- £463
- Sundays and Bank Holidays - £537
These fees are in addition to the cost of booking your venue. The fee includes one copy of your marriage certificate.
Couples getting married at these venues are also required to give notice of their intention to marry at least 28 days before the ceremony.