My Sandwell Login/Register

Transfer of grave deeds | Sandwell Council

£150 Council Tax Energy Rebate - what you need to do next

The Council Tax Energy Rebate is a £150 payment to help with the cost of energy bills. The funding is provided by the Government and paid out by the Council. Find out what you need to do next. →

Transfer of grave deeds

Grave owners may transfer their grave deeds to another person by completing an assignment of right of burial form.

A charge for this service will apply. Please call 0121 569 6707 for details.

Once a grave owner is deceased the grave deeds cannot be transferred. Families have the option to complete a statutory declaration in order to arrange a burial and place or replace a memorial on the plot.

The statutory declaration must be completed by the person making the arrangements (this is usually the next of kin) and must be signed by a magistrate, solicitor or commissioner for oaths.