Burials and cremations
Update on funeral services during the Covid-19 (coronavirus) pandemic
- In accordance with updated guidance, there will be no upper limits relating to funeral services taking place in an outdoor setting at our cemeteries and crematoria venues.
- For cremation services in our chapels we can accommodate up to 118 mourners at Sandwell Valley Crematorium and 64 at Rowley Regis Crematorium. We will continue to be asking those attending services to wear a face covering and adopt other relevant infection prevention controls. Seating will be laid out to account for family and support bubbles as well as individuals who may wish to attend services alone.
- We have webcasting facilities at Sandwell Valley Crematorium and Rowley Regis Crematorium so family and friends who cannot attend can still be part of the service. This will be available free of charge until 1 September 2021 when normal charges will apply.
- Reception areas and waiting rooms at our crematoria are closed.
- Our Books of Remembrance rooms are open.
These changes are to protect and reduce the risk to residents, vulnerable groups, funeral directors and our own staff. We will continue to provide support and services at what is a difficult and emotional time in people's lives.