My Sandwell Login/Register

Providing documents | Providing evidence | Sandwell Council

Problems with our phonelines

We're having some problems with our phonelines. Apologies for the inconvenience. We're working to get this fixed as soon as we can. You can report problems and request services here on our website →

Providing evidence

Providing documents

Getting your documents to us

If you have received a prepaid envelope from us then you should use this to return your documents to us. As the envelope is prepaid you won’t need to put a stamp on it.

If you have not received a prepaid envelope then your documents can be posted to FREEPOST RBSANDWELL. 

Documents sent in this way will travel through Royal Mail Second Class post. 

In case you want to send your documents first class or through recorded delivery you can send your documents through the post to Sandwell MBC (Revenues and Benefits), PO Box 10597, Nottingham, NG6 6DQ.


How will I get my documents back?

Your original documents will normally be returned from our mail processing centre by first class post. If you have provided a Birth Certificate, Death Certificate or Marriage Certificate then these will always be sent back to you by Recorded Delivery. Passports will be returned by Special Delivery.

Any non original documents (e.g. Photocopies) that are received will be stored and then securely disposed of after three months. These can be returned to you if you enclose a note in the envelope requesting this.