My Sandwell Login/Register

Get advice about benefits | Sandwell Council

£150 Council Tax Energy Rebate - what you need to do next

The Council Tax Energy Rebate is a £150 payment to help with the cost of energy bills. The funding is provided by the Government and paid out by the Council. Find out what you need to do next. →

Get advice about benefits

First of all, have a look at our benefits webpages and see if we can answer your question here.

To make a new claim for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction you need to fill in our online claim form 

For information on how to send us evidence to support your benefit claim and how we will return this to you, please visit our providing evidence page. 

If you want to contact us to report a bereavement you may find it easier to use our Tell Us Once service. 

Contact us about your Housing Benefit or Council Tax reduction

If you have a query about your Council Tax or Housing Benefit you can contact us online:

Contact the benefits team

Please be aware that we can only discuss a benefit claim with the person claiming the benefit. If you want someone else to be able to contact us on your behalf please fill in our Third Party Authorisation form.

Can’t find what you need here? There are other ways to get in touch

Get help and advice about claiming any other benefits

If you need help or advice about claiming benefits generally, please use our online form.

Get help with benefits

You can also email

or call 0121 569 3158.

You can also ask to see one of our advisers at your local housing service centre.

See also: Welfare reform

You may want to provide us with feedback about our service. Please complete our online questionnaire form now to register your feedback.