The Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB)
This record is classed under Visual impairment.
|Service Provider Name||The Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB)|
|Service||RNIB is the leading UK charity for blind and partially sighted people.|
|Address3||105 Judd Street|
|Post Code||WC1H 9NE|
|Where do they provide service from?||RNIB have offices throughout the UK, 3 specialist educational facilities and residential homes.|
|Telephone||0303 123 9999|
|No email address available|
|Area covered||All of the UK|
|Who is the service for?||Blind and partially sighted people and their carers in the UK|
|Referral route||Varies according to each service. Call the helpline for information.|
|Specific ethnic group?||No|
|Summary of services||RNIB is a charity and we have three clear priorities: stopping people losing their sight unnecessarily, supporting blind and partially sighted people to live independently and creating an inclusive society. We listen, campaign, work energetically with others and show what can be achieved. |
Our work includes:
1. Campaigning to ensure proven treatments for sight-threatening conditions are available on the NHS.
2. Offering emotional and practical support, products to make life easier and advice about money, eye health and local services.
3. Improving educational opportunities for blind and partially sighted children and adults, including those with complex needs.
4. Enabling people with sight loss to retain and gain jobs.
5. Working with transport operators, retailers and banks to enable more people with sight loss to travel, shop and run their own finances.
6. Influencing partners across the world to make computers, television, mobile phones and satellite navigation systems easier to use for people with sight loss.
|When are the services run?||Various|
|Remit||A world where people who are blind and partially sighted enjoy the same rights, responsibilities, opportunities and quality of life as people who are sighted.|
|Cost of service||Various|
|Total capacity of service||Not applicable|
|Transport Provided||Not applicable|
|CQC Registered||Not applicable|
|Sandwell Approved List||Not applicable|
|Disclaimer||Inclusion in this directory does not imply that Sandwell Council endorses the organisations and no responsibility is assumed for the information in their entries or their services. For terms and disclaimer see below. Directory last updated December 2017.|