Help with buying school uniform
If you live in Sandwell, receive certain benefits and your child will be in reception class or Years 7 to 11 in September 2018, you may qualify for a £20 or £25 voucher towards the cost of your child’s school uniform.
It is important you read the following before applying;
You must be receiving one of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (income-based only)
- Universal Credit - with a household net income of less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get) **
- Child Tax Credit (not including any Working Tax Credit), with an annual income of less than £16,190
- Employment and Support Allowance (income-related only)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed Pension Credit (Inc. Child Tax Credit)
You will not qualify for a school uniform voucher if you receive any amount of Working Tax Credit. Please check your latest tax credit awards notice if you are unsure.
** If you are in receipt of Universal Credit you may be asked to provide supporting evidence, for example a copy of your Universal Credit Statement(s)
Please Note: If your child attends any of the following schools, do not apply for a voucher from Sandwell MBC as you will not qualify for a voucher. You will need to apply to the school directly
- Oldbury Academy
- Ormiston Sandwell Community School
- RSA Academy
- Shireland Collegiate Academy
- Victoria Park Primary Academy
- Health Futures UTC
You must apply before the 31st January 2019 as any applications received after this date will be refused.
For further information, call the education benefits team on 0121 569 8186 or 569 8189.