Help with buying school uniform
If you live in Sandwell, receive certain benefits and your child will be in reception class or Years 7 to 11 in September 2017, you may qualify for a £20 or £25 voucher towards the cost of your child’s school uniform.
You must be receiving one of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (income-based only)
- Child Tax Credit (not including any Working Tax Credit), with an annual income of less than £16,190
- Employment and Support Allowance (income-related only)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed Pension Credit (Inc. Child Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
You will not qualify for a school uniform voucher if you receive any amount of Working Tax Credit. Please check your latest tax credit awards notice if you are unsure.
If your child attends one of the following schools:
- Oldbury Academy
- Ormiston Sandwell Community School
- RSA Academy
- Shireland Collegiate Academy
- Health Futures UTC
Please apply to the school directly - do not apply for a voucher online.
You must apply before the 31st January 2018 as any applications received after this date will be refused.
For further information, call the education benefits team on 0121 569 8186 or 569 8189.