Sandwell's annual childcare awards
Published 3rd December 2019
Hundreds of Sandwell childcare professionals attended a special award ceremony evening to acknowledge and celebrate the hard work and high level of childcare in Sandwell.
The celebration at WS10 Conference Centre in Wednesbury was organised by the Sandwell Family Information Service and Sandwell Quality Early Years and Childcare Team.
The winners of the awards were nominated by parents and carers.
Sandwell Council officers Andrew Timmins, Group Head School Improvement and Sara Baber, Quality Early Years Lead for children’s services presented the awards.
The Winners on the evening were:
- Early Years Community Support Award 2019 – GNG Day Nursery
- Working with Parents in Early Years Award 2019 – YMCA Greets Green Day Nursery
- Childcare Practitioner Award 2019 – Marnie Oakley – Kiddies Playhouse
- Childminder Award 2019 – Jayne Webb
- Out of School Club Award 2019 – Lion Farm Action Centre
- Pre School Playgroup Award 2019 – Perryfields Pre School
- Day Nursery 2019 – Sandwell Council Workplace Nursery
- Innovation Award 2019 – Lilliput Lodge Day Nursery
- Dawn Richards Childcare Management Award 2019 – Debbie Raheem – Kaidrums Childcare
- Sandwell Council's Workplace Nursery also received an award for achieving an Outstanding Inspection from Ofsted in October 2019.
Long service certificates were also handed out to the childcare providers that have been running for more than 25 years.
For further information regarding this event, please contact Sandwell Family Information Service 0121 569 4914.