More than 50 fly-tippers fined as crackdown continues
Published 3rd April 2018
Sandwell Council has now issued more than 50 £400 fines to fly-tippers after a new enforcement team started patrols.
The team began issuing £400 fixed penalty notices in May.
The latest seven fines were issued last week, taking the total to 55.
One person received two fines, for dumping rubbish in Dudley Road, Rowley Regis, and in Canalside Close, Wednesbury.
The other five fines were issued for the following incidents:
- A fly-tipper caught on CCTV dumping a mattress from a van in Beaconview Road, West Bromwich;
- A fly-tipper caught on CCTV dumping a builder’s bag in Crabtree Close, West Bromwich;
- Bags dumped on a car park in Dudley Port, Tipton;
- Bags of household waste dumped on a car park in Handley Street, Wednesbury; and
- Bags fly-tipped in Forge Lane, West Bromwich.
The fines are part of Sandwell Council’s ongoing crackdown on fly-tippers, which includes a mix of enforcement, education and CCTV in hotspots.
Report fly-tipping online or call 0121 368 1177.