Better transport links
Sandwell is home to some of the busiest and most important transport links in the West Midlands.
We need to boost these links to connect more people with jobs, homes and businesses across the West Midlands and the rest of the UK.
These are the schemes that would help us achieve this:
- Extending the Metro between Wednesbury and Brierley Hill (anticipated to open in 2023)
- Creating a third platform at West Bromwich Central Metro Station
- Connecting Wednesbury Great Western Metro station with the town centre
- Rebuilding Dudley Port rail interchange
- Upgrading Sandwell and Dudley station - including a multi-storey car park
- Increasing the use of the Bescot Rail freight interchange to serve the whole Black Country
- Improving the Snow Hill line with a new platform at Rowley Regis station
Urgent action is needed to free up severe congestion at two major motorway junctions in Sandwell:
- Junction 1 of the M5, West Bromwich
- Junction 2 of the M5, Birchley Island
Improvements to both junctions are vital to the regeneration of Sandwell and the wider Black Country.