Go play Sandwell
Working together to create a playable Sandwell
Go Play Sandwell is a partnership approach between Sandwell Council's Play Service and our Go Play Voluntary Community Partners.
- We are play facilitators – Delivering free play services for children across Sandwell
- We are play activators – Supporting creative and interesting opportunities for play across Sandwell spaces and communities
- We are play educators – Sharing knowledge and ideas with parents and carers; schools and community groups
- We are play drivers – Working with partners to shape policy and strategies for a more playable Sandwell
- We are play champions – Advocating for children's rights and their right to play.
Go Play Sandwell offers sessions for children aged between six and 12 through the Go Play Grant Programme.
Sessions are FREE, open to all and run after school and in the school holidays or at the weekend.
Go Play Sandwell Grant Programme 2020-23 is now open for applications
Sandwell Council would like to commission a grant programme which would support voluntary and community sector (not for profit) organisations to deliver free play provision across the borough covering seven areas during term time and holiday period, delivering a universal open access play service targeting children and young people between the ages six and 12 (up to the age of 16 with additional needs) in focus areas of multiple deprivation, high population density and change management, which will be able to offer:
- Free provision and a no charging policy (free to use, free to choose, open access)
- A minimum of three after school sessions for two and a half hours in term time per week
- A minimum of three holiday sessions per week for five hours each
Maximum grant available per area is £40,000 per year
Closing date for applications is Friday 14 February 2020 at 12noon. Applications received after this deadline will not be processed.