Apply for a school place
Primary and secondary school applications for September 2017
Before applying for a primary or secondary school place, you should read the parent guide to make sure you understand what you have to do.
The dates below show when you can apply for a primary, infant to junior and secondary school place for September 2017.
- Reception/Infant to junior: Apply from 19 September 2016, closing date is 15 January 2017.
- Secondary (year7): Apply from 1 September 2016, closing date is 31 October 2016.
Important Note: if you have previously registered you will need to complete a new registration as there has been an update to the system used.
If you would like to attend a secondary school open day please check the list and plan in advance to avoid any clashes.
Some schools have additional forms which are available to download. For further information please refer to the parent guide.
- Medical declaration form (Primary and Secondary)
- George Salter Academy
- Oldbury Academy
- Shireland Collegiate Academy
- St Michaels CE High
- Stuart Bathurst Catholic High
- Wood Green Academy
- Catholic Denominational (Primary)
- Church of England Denominational (Voluntary Aided)
- Church of England Denominational (Voluntary Controlled)
Statistics and information
Here you can find data relating to annual admission trends in Sandwell over the past three years.
Free nursery places
If you have a two, three or four-year-old and would like to know more about the free nursery places available in Sandwell, visit our Early Years and Childcare page to find out more.