Apply for a school place
Primary and secondary school applications for September 2016
Before applying for a primary or secondary school place you should read the parent guide to make sure you understand what you have to do.
The closing dates for applications are:
- Secondary school places - 31 October 2015
- Reception or infant to junior school places - 15 January 2016.
How to apply
You need to apply online using a PC or laptop. Unfortunately you can't apply using a phone or tablet.
Applications open on Monday 14 September 2015.
Please remember, school places aren't given on a first come, first
served basis. You have until the deadline date to make your application.
Early applications are not given priority.
You must make sure that you submit the application, otherwise it will not be complete and this could harm your chances of getting a place.
If you don't have a computer at home, you can use one at one of our libraries. Many schools will also allow access to their computers.
Applying online means:
- You will receive your offer of a place sooner, via email on offer day,
- You can change your school preferences right up to the submission deadline,
- You will receive an electronic receipt as proof of your submission.
You can find out more about secondary schools by attending one of their open events.
Some schools have additional forms which are available to download. For further information please refer to our parent guide.
- George Salter Academy
- Oldbury Academy
- Sandwell Academy
- Shireland Collegiate Academy
- St Michaels CE High
- Stuart Bathurst Catholic High
- Wood Green Academy
- Catholic Denominational (Primary)
- Church of England Denominational (Voluntary Aided)
- Church of England Denominational (Voluntary Controlled)
Statistics and information
Here you can find data relating to annual admission trends in Sandwell over the past three years.
Free nursery places
If you have a two, three or four-year-old and would like to know more about the free nursery places available in Sandwell, visit our Early Years and Childcare page to find out more.
Consultation on admission arrangements for 2017/18 for Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools
We want to hear your views and opinions on our consultation.