Reconfirming your eligibility for 30 hours free childcare and/or Tax-Free Childcare
If you have applied and/or claimed up to 30 hours of free childcare and/or Tax-Free Childcare, you must reconfirm your eligibility. You must do this even if your child hasn't started their 30 hours place. This must be done 3 months from the date you applied to receive their extra hours. You must do this every 3 months.
How do I reconfirm?
- You will get a text and/or email 4 weeks before your reconfirmation deadline. This will prompt you to log into your Childcare Service account.
- In the account you must go to 'secure messages'. You can access this section at any time. The section on reconfirmation will inform you of your reconfirmation date.
- You can reconfirm your eligibility up to 4 weeks before your reconfirmation date.
The reconfirmation process may differ for some parents. Such as if:
- your circumstances haven't changed you will need to tick a box to confirm this. You will not receive a new code but the existing one will get extended for 3 more months
- your circumstances have changed you must amend and resubmit your details
- you completed your original application over the phone. You will need to phone the Customer Interaction Centre to reconfirm your eligibility
- you currently have a temporary code (these start with 11) you must complete a new application. You must do this through your childcare service account to get a permanent code
How do I access my account
If you can't get into your account or you can't recall how to access it, see our childcare account guidance.
What if I miss the reconfirmation deadline?
If you miss the deadline, or if your circumstances change, you will get a message to say your eligibility has ended. You will be able to keep your childcare place for the grace period. You should discuss this with your childcare provider.
You'll need to submit another application if you become eligible again for 30 hours or Tax-Free Childcare after you've:
- fallen out of eligibility
- missed the reconfirmation deadline
You must present your code to your provider again to confirm.