Inclusion support early years
What can the team offer?
Inclusion Support - Early Years (ISEY) is based at The Coneygre Centre, Tipton and supports children in their early years who have individual or special educational needs (SEN) / disabilities.
The team will:
- work in collaboration with other agencies to provide appropriate support packages and early intervention.
- work with children in their own homes, at the centre and in a range of early years settings, holiday play schemes and out of school clubs.
- provide packages of support tailored to the individual needs of the child to support transition into school
- provide advice, guidance and training to school settings in preparation for a child entering nursery or reception class.
- provide advice and guidance to childcare settings so they can offer quality inclusive provision ensuring the needs of children with SEN/disability are being met.
Making a referral
ISEY operates an open referral system.
A child will be considered for support if he/she
- lives in Sandwell
- Is not yet attending a Local Authority (LA) nursery or reception class
- Has difficulties with their cognitive development and at least one other area of need, to include:
- sensory and physical development
- behaviour, social and emotional development
- language, communication and interaction including self help skills
- or has complex physical and medical needs
We work with parents to:
- Carry out an in-depth, ongoing assessment of their child's needs where targets will be set jointly to measure the child's progress.
- Help them understand their child's individual needs by jointly planning and modelling appropriate learning opportunities to promote their child's development.
- Provide information, advice and guidance on the best approach to support their child.
Support to early years settings
- We provide a named Area Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) to childcare settings so that Early Years practitioners can access specialist advice, guidance and training to improve their skills knowledge and understanding of SEN.
- We support practitioners with meeting the needs of children with SEN/ disability.
- Delivery of a wide range of formal and informal SEN training including project work.
At our Coneygre centre we offer
- Paediatric clinics
- group and individual sessions to encourage parent participation,
- access to advice and guidance from other professionals
- sensory rooms
If you have any queries about appointments at paediatric clinics please call 0121 507 3417
For general enquiries to Inclusion Support Early Years please call 0121 569 2860
Write or visit: Coneygre Centre, Sedgley Road East, Tipton, DY4 8UH