Development Management Charter
The Development Management Charter is intended to assist the public with providing a greater understanding of the planning application process. The document sets out how the Development Management system operates in practice, the benefits of which will be to:
- outline how applications can be made and how the process operates.
- set out timescales so that customers know what to expect and also to ensure service delivery meets both Government and Council targets.
- provide an indication of how interested parties can communicate their views.
- ensure compliance with Government legislation and guidance, Sandwell's own planning policies and the requirements of statutory consultees.
- maintain a consistent, fair and transparent approach to Development Management in Sandwell.