Sandwell libraries' online services allow you to search the library catalogue and a range of information resources.
You can search the catalogue to find all of the items located in any Sandwell library and also to search for items in other libraries outside of Sandwell.
You can also book a PC in any library from our online services website.
All you need to access the full range of services is your library card number, and a PIN which our staff can set up for you.
Our services include:
- searching our catalogue
- renew your items on loan
- borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks
- reserve items
- book a PC in a library
- search our online information resources
The following electronic information resources are available:
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online - The entire contents of Britannica's range of encyclopaedias with masses of additional resources
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Student - Britannica's student edition, for ages 12 - 18
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Junior - Britannica's junior edition, for ages 5 - 11
- Oxford English Dictionary - Information on over 600,000 words from across the world
- Oxford Dictionary of National
- Oxford Reference Online - A collection of over 100 reference works published by Oxford University Press, in a single resource
- Go Citizen - Online study for candidates preparing for the Life in the UK test
- Theory Test Pro - Driving test simulations along with official questions, hazard perception video clips and the Highway Code.
Enquire - 24/7 enquiry service
To get an instant response to your question, try our Enquire service - an international, instant question and answer service provided by librarians and available 24 hours a day, every day.
Use one of our free computers in any library to access Ancestry Library, to find birth, marriage and death records from around the world.
Not a library member? Why not follow the link to find out How to join.
For more information contact Central Library on 0121 569 4911.
Access to Research
Free access is now available to over 1.5 million research and academic articles and journals.
Access to Research provides a gateway to in depth information covering a wide range of subjects including art, architecture, business, engineering, history, languages, medicine, politics, philosophy, mathematics and the sciences.
Access to this service is available in libraries only.
Got a smartphone? Get our app!
If you have a smartphone or tablet you can use the LibraryAnywhere app to renew and reserve items, find your nearest library or browse our catalogue.
Connect with your library online
Please visit our Sandwell libraries Facebook page.