145 High Street
Now open on Thursdays!
- Monday: 9.30am - 5.30pm
- Tuesday: 9.30am - 5.30pm
- Wednesday: 9.30am - 5.30pm
- Thursday: 9.30am - 5.30pm
- Friday: 9.30am - 5pm
- Saturday: 10am - 4pm
- Sunday: Closed
- Tel: 0121 559 1884
- Fax: 0121 559 1884
- 24 Hour renewals hotline: 0121 569 4949
- Local bus, train and tram information: Network West Midlands
- Show me the Library at Google Maps
- On street parking available outside the library and pay and display parking available nearby.
- The library has full wheelchair access.
- A hearing loop is available.
The library hosts special evening events, including author visits and comedy nights. In partnership with Black Country Music Network, regular ukulele lessons are available for all ages. We also have close links with Blackheath and Rowley Local Interest Group who host regular evening talks.
What will you find at Blackheath library?
- Books for all ages and tastes
- Latest bestsellers and much more
- Local and family history books
- Community information
- Books in different languages
- Books on CD, MP3, audio tape and in large print
- Latest blockbusters and classic films on DVD
- Latest Xbox, Playstation and Nintendo Wii console games
- Free reservations for items in stock in Sandwell
- Newspapers and magazines
- Free WiFi for library members
- Free internet and email
- Photocopy and fax facilities
- Accessibility computer with adaptive software
- Online information resources
- Local councillor's surgery
- Study area
- Quick serve kiosks
- Bistro area
- Toilet and baby changing facilities
- Community facilities which are free for use by the local community for non-profit meetings, activities and events
- Holiday activities for children
- Special evening events
- Greedy Readers - reading group for adults
- Regular coffee mornings
- Scrabble club for adults
- Saturday Colouring Club for children
- Friends of Rowley Libraries Group
Not a library member? Anyone can join Sandwell Libraries - find out How to Join.
Connect with your library online
Please visit our Sandwell libraries Facebook page.