Visiting Lightwoods Park
Lightwoods Park is a public park with unrestricted access.
The Shakespeare Garden, at the rear of Lightwoods House, is generally open weekdays only (not weekends) between 10.00am and 2.00pm.
Address: Adkins Lane, Bearwood, Smethwick, B67 5DP.
- By foot: The park has open access therefore can be approached from any nearby footpath; the best access is off Adkins Lane .
- By car: On street parking is available along Galton Road and Adkins Lane however this is fairly limited. There is a public car park (pay and display) near to the main entrance off Adkins Lane , near Bearwood Bus Station.
- By bus: The following bus routes pass adjacent to the park: 9, 20, 49, 61, 82, 122, 126, 140, and 692.
- By train: The nearest train stations are Smethwick Rolfe Street and Birmingham New Street .
Features and attractions
- Children's play area
- Grade II Bandstand
- Shakespeare's Garden
- Multi use games area
- Outdoor gym equipment
- Skate Park
- Tennis court
Parks' Friends' Groups actively contribute to the management and upkeep of their local parks, as well as arranging activities in them. To get in touch with the Friends of Lightwoods Park and House please go to the Lightwoods Park Blog and / or join their facebook page.
Share your photographs of Lightwoods Park through Flickr - the photo sharing website. Flickr is free and easy to join. Add your photos, submit them to our Sandwell group and tag them "Lightwoods Park".
Join Sandwell on Facebook and talk to us about Lightwoods Park. We use our Facebook page to let you know about news, local information and exciting events all over Sandwell.
Pages in "Visiting Lightwoods Park"
- You are here Visiting Lightwoods Park
- Lightwoods Park and House restoration project