Equality and Diversity
Information on equality and diversity
Sandwell Council is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity in employment for all, and to taking action to avoid discrimination. The Council's Equality Policy states we will always ensure no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and sex.
To achieve these aims the council will continue to:
- Ensure that its employment practices provide equality of opportunity for both current and prospective employees and promote a work culture that values diversity.
- Use the Equality Act 2010 and any other appropriate legislation as a framework for action to support initiatives.
- Work in partnership with community groups and other agencies to remove any barriers to fair and equal treatment.
Sandwell Council are recognised as a Disability Confident Employer, we play a leading role in changing attitudes for the better and reaping the benefits of inclusive recruitment and workplace practices.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com
For further information on how we ensure equality in employment at Sandwell Council you may find the links below helpful:
- Job Applicant Charter
- Recruitment and employment of ex offenders
- Safeguarding vulnerable groups
- Taking on an employee with a disability, advice for employers_advice_for_employers